HEALTH Career Connections will release 2018-2019 dates in the fall.
HEALTH Career Connections introduces high school students to a variety of health care professions. This one-week residential program includes:
- Exposure to health care careers (certificate to doctorate)
- Site visits (i.e. hospital, emergency medical services, cancer center, physical/occupational therapy, behavioral health, dental and more)
- CPR and/or Mental Health First Aid Training
- Presentations by health care professionals.
- Classroom work to explore how to pursue a health care career
"It was awesome! It definitely helped me realize how many jobs are available in the medical field. The tours were amazing." - 2018 Participant
"The program gave me a great outlook on the medical field and showed me things I never even thought of before." - 2018 Participant
"This opportunity could pave the career path for the participating students. I wish I had this opportunity as a high school student. It may have changed my career." - 2018 Chaperone
Cost: $850 per student, $650 per chaperone.
This program is hosted by the Southeast Alaska - Area Health Education Center in association with SERRC - Alaska's Educational Resource Center.